Date: 25 Aug 2022
Time: 14:30 - 17:30 with 2 CPD /CPT Hours
Fee: HK$775 per head
- It is fully subsidized for participants from registered financial institutions and trade associations in the conditions that the Cyberport Academy Attendance Policy is complied.
- All learners will NOT be given any Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits and/or attendance record if they are late and/or absent from the class for more than a total of 15 minutes.
- Learn the drivers of ESG-investment decisions
- Obtain market overview of ESG initiatives and regulations
- Understand how financial institutions can integrate ESG into businesses
- Topic: ESG in Finance: The Case of Hong Kong
- Time: 14:30-16:00
- Language: Cantonese
- Speaker: Dr. William Yu, Chief Executive Officer, World Green Organisation
- What to learn: Short-termism is commonly found in the investment regime, resulting in an excessive focus on short-term returns at the expense of long-term interests, especially in social and environmental dimensions. Although there is clear and growing evidence that environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues will have a meaningful impact on
company’s stock prices, ESG, in most cases, is just perceived as a new burden of compliance. Apart from risk mitigation, how can we make ESG practises an asset instead of an obligation in our investment process? During this session, the industry expert will share how some organisations in Hong Kong have integrated ESG into their DNA and match their business strategy with the help of technology.
- Topic: Greening the Financial System
- Time: 16:00-17:30
- Language: English
- Speaker: Ms. Julia Walker, Senior Consultant, Sandpiper Communications
- What to learn: Investors are becoming increasingly concerned about environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues. Companies are also being pressured by a variety of stakeholders to take a proactive approach managing ESG risks and opportunities as part of their overall business plans. Indeed, the global investing communities’ interest in ESG issues has reached a tipping point. During this session, the industry expert will discuss the key considerations and criteria on the implementation of ESG measures and the key trends and initiatives that are burgeoning around the world greening the financial system.
Participants could get e-Certificates with earned CPD credits.
*Participants could have 1 month post training playback at CA Portal Smart Learning.
*This webinar is entitled for 2 hours HKIB CPD (for all PQ holders except for AAMLP and CAMLP holders), SFC CPT, PWMA OPT, and ACCA CPD.