Date: 5 May 2022
Time: 14:30 - 17:30 with 2 CPD /CPT Hours
Fee: HK$775 per head
- It is fully subsidized for participants from registered financial institutions and trade associations in the conditions that the Cyberport Academy Attendance Policy is complied.
- All learners will NOT be given any Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits and/or attendance record if they are late and/or absent from the class for more than a total of 15 minutes.
- Understand what is DeFi, how it differs from traditional financial models and its potential impacts on financial services
- Validate the firm’s maturity and capabilities to harness these technologies for better product delivery and efficiency
- Ask the right questions regarding the firm’s position on Blockchain and DeFi
- Topic: DeFi Foundations
- Time: 14:30-16:00
- Language: Cantonese
- Speaker: Professor Yiu, Siu Ming, Associate Head (Teaching and Learning) Department of Computer Science, HKU
- What to learn: DeFi provides traditional financial institutions with a number of growth prospects that might help to improve their operations and services. Financial services have been revolutionised by "DeFi" and "Blockchain." For a variety of reasons, the possibility of a more transparent, open, and accessible financial system accessible to anybody with an internet connection is appealing. Investors are increasingly backing blockchain and DeFi solutions, so traditional financial institutions must grasp the market and change with technology. Through numerous case studies, the expert will explain the nomenclature of DeFi, its fundamental concepts and its influence on financial services.
- Topic: The Latest DeFi Trends
- Time: 16:00-17:30
- Language: English
- Speaker: Mr. Charles D’Haussy, APAC Managing Director, ConsenSys
- What to learn: The DeFi ecosystem—which now represents an expansive network of integrated protocols and financial instruments worth more than $150B—has attracted more than 4.3million users as well as some of the world’s leading financial institutions, funds, exchanges, and family offices. The rapid growth of the DeFi market is attracting financial institutions and they are figuring out how to get involved. The International Expert will take a look into how the market is maturing, and how financial institutions will have to position themselves in a DeFi world.
Participants could get e-Certificates with earned CPD credits.
*Participants could have 1 month post training playback at CA Portal Smart Learning.
*This webinar is entitled for 2 hours HKIB CPD (for all PQ holders except for AAMLP and CAMLP holders), SFC CPT, PWMA OPT, and ACCA CPD.