Topic: CBDCs are NOT Cryptocurrencies
Date: 7 Apr 2022
Time: 14:30 - 17:35 with 2 CPD /CPT Hours
Fee: HK$775 per head
- It is fully subsidized for participants from registered financial institutions and trade associations in the conditions that the Cyberport Academy Attendance Policy is complied.
- All learners will NOT be given any Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits and/or attendance record if they are late and/or absent from the class for more than a total of 15 minutes.
Management and execution teams in all divisions of banks, insurers and financial services companies
CBDC, Digital Assets, Payment & FX, WealthTech
According to a report published by the Bank of International Settlements (BIS) in early 2020, 80% of Central Banks in the world are working on CBDCs. What is CBDC? CBDCs development in Mainland China, Europe and the US, and how will CBDC impact our daily lives in the context of a wider adoption of digital assets.
- 14:30-14:45 (15 mins): Check-in and introduction
- 14:45-16:00 (90 mins): HK / Case sharing focus on - The current situation of CBDC in the world especially in Hong Kong and the Greater Bay Area
- 16:00-16:15 (15 mins): Break
- 16:15-17:30 (90 mins): Topic with focus on - Cryptocurrency applications in the financial services industry, what are the trend in banking, insurance, securities, and investment to watch
- 17:30-17:35 (5 mins): Post training survey and end of session
Participants could get e-Certificates with earned CPD credits.
*Participants could have 1 month post training playback at CA Portal Smart Learning.
*The training sessions are currently undergoing the CPD entitlement evaluation by The Hong Kong Institution of Bankers (HKIB). It is expected the training hours are applicable to:
- The professional qualification holders for complying with the CPD requirements under HKIB CPD; and
- The licensed persons for complying with the CPT requirements under SFC CPT